1 August 2010

Deep impressions

devyani borade - verbolatry - deep impressions - underground voices‘Did it hurt?’

‘No. Well, a bit.’

‘What will your Ammi say?’

‘She’ll be cool. No big deal. Raised eyebrows, a shake of her head, maybe some extra work for me to do around the house. But she’ll take it well, you’ll see. After all, we don’t live in the dark ages anymore.’

But masking my anxiety with false bravado is not helping. I leave my friend and make my way home feeling a little sick in the stomach. Where is that euphoria – that feeling of supreme confidence and utter control – of power – that I had felt when the cold black ink had first spurted its way into my clear blemishless skin?

Ammi-jaan is in the....


Read the full article in the August 2010 issue of Underground Voices

or

Request to read the original article via email for just 99p! (T&C apply)








352 words
Dark/Flash Fiction
US publication

***********************

Words from the Wise


"This is nice"
Jim Tucker
Assistant Editor
Underground Voices


"Some really compelling writing in this"
Camille Alexa
Flash Fiction Editor
Abyss & Apex


"This story sticks"
Anonymous
Editors 1, 2 and 3 (of 6)
Flashquake


"I like this"
Antonios
Editor
Vestal Review


"I like it"
Dash
Editor
Expanded Horizons

2 comments:

  1. Cute posts. I enjoyed your article about turning the tables on editors in "Writing World." Clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Mohamed, for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete