25 June 2013

Your prose or mine? Have YOU ever been tempted to plagiarise?

'No! Not ever!' cry famous writers in unison when asked if they have ever felt like using a piece of writing not their own. 'There's plenty of good writing out there, but I've never been tempted to lift anybody else's material,' says Janet Evanovich, who writes the popular Stephanie Plum adventure books. Fellow author David Nobbs, famous for his Reggie Perrin series, agrees. 'I don't think I've ever deliberately plagiarised anybody.' And Jacquelyn Mitchard, author of the best-selling novel The Deep End of the Ocean, echoes the sentiment. 'Never on purpose. The only time I wrote something...

Read the full article in the June 2013 issue of Writing World

or

Request to read the original article via email for just 99p!
(T&C apply)




1550 words
Nonfiction

US publication

***********************

Words from the Wise


"I think you've identified an important issue"
Lauren McKeon
Editor
This Magazine

"I like the piece"
Stuart Woods
Editor
Quill & Quire

No comments:

Post a Comment